What does it mean to be a trustworthy digital citizen?
Here are some questions for your students to consider:
1. What does it mean to be trustworthy with technology devices at school?
- iPads or iPods?
2. What does it mean to be trustworthy online, at school and at home?
- When doing research online? (copyright)
- When gaming, especially gaming with chats?
- When uploading photos or videos to websites? (consider what types of pictures you are uploading? Have the people in the picture given permission for you to upload it? Is it something you want the whole school to see? Your grandmother to see?)
- With passwords or personal information?
3. What does it mean to be trustworthy with a phone, iPad or iPod Touch or any other device that allows you to send text messages and pictures?
- With what you text…
- With who you text…
If you need any more discussion starters or information on a specific topic, let me know. It really will work best if you integrate this within other topics so it’s more of a conversation than an “internet safety” lesson…use those teachable moments. Blogging and using devices like iPads or laptops will hopefully help those moments arise more organically. 🙂