***NOTE — This information is for Roanoke County Teachers ONLY!***
Want to earn Professional Development points from the comfort of your own home? Want to learn more about the new ActivBoard software, ActiVotes, or ActivExpressions? Great news! Roanoke County has approved the following webinars on Promethean Planet for Professional Development points:
- MIGRATING TO ACTIVINSPIRE WEBINAR AND PREREQUISITE TUTORIAL (3 HOURS)
- LEARNER RESPONSE SYSTEMS –ACTIVOTES WEBINAR AND PREREQUISITE TUTORIAL (3 HOURS)
- LEARNER RESPONSE SYSTEMS – ACTIVEXPRESSION WEBINAR AND PRERQUISITE TUTORIAL (4 HOURS)
If you’ve never participated in a Webinar before, it’s easy! All you will need is a phone (to hear the presenter and ask questions yourself) and a computer. After you register, you’ll be given step by step directions on how to participate. Don’t forget to complete the prerequisite course ahead of time!
There are some things to remember:
- You must have a Promethean Planet account.
- Prior to participating in any webinar, you will need to complete online tutorials. These tutorials are referred to as a “course” for each webinar. At the end of each “course” there is an assessment to take. Once the assessment has been passed, youcan request a “transcript”. This documentation is necessary in order to receive points for the webinar. We will also need verification that you participated in the webinar.
- A link to the prerequisites is included in the description of each webinar. You must be logged in to Promethean Planet to navigate to the prerequisites.
- The Level 1 skills webinar is not included for points because the prerequisite for it costs $29.95.
This opportunity is a great way to learn more about ActivInspire and earn Professional Development points. Please let me know if you have any questions!!Image: ‘Day 6/365‘