There’s two ways to use the Flip Video camera with your Movie Maker software.
First Way–Install Flip Video Software
(Go through the complete process the first time you use your camera with a computer):
- Plug in your flip video.
- Choose “View your Videos in Flip Video Software.” (if this option doesn’t already pop up for you, click My Computer > Flip Video Drive > Setup_FlipShhare)
- Go through the steps to install the Flip Video Software.
- Now you can export your videos off the flip camera, save them to your computer, or close of out the software altogether. You should also now be able to import videos into Movie Maker.
Second Way–Install the ffdshow Codec
(for lab computers, if you don’t want the flip video software installed, or if the above steps don’t work):
- Download these directions on installing the flip video codec (called ffdshow)
- Download this file (ffdshow codec)
- Follow the directions to install ffdshow. Now your flip videos will work on your computer!
- A big thanks to Meg Swecker for these directions!
Need to know how to use Movie Maker? Here’s a Movie Maker Handout.
Now you, and your students, will be able to use your flip video movies in movie maker and create all sorts of great digital stories! 🙂