While you can’t actually “reach” your h drive at home, you can sync it. Here’s how:
From school, open My Computer, and right click on your H drive. Select “Make Available Offline.” When you shut down your computer at the end of the school day, it will sync your H drive contents. Then from home, you’ll just open My Computer and can work on your H drive materials. When you log back in at school, it will sync again.
Thanks, Pam, for these directions!
Adjusting the power scheme on your laptop:
- right-click on your desktop background
- choose Properties
- click the Screen Saver tab
- click the Power button
- click on the drop-down arrow for the Power schemes (presentation works well)
- view the different schemes and settings
- make any changes you desire
- click OK
This will keep your computer from going to sleep too often.
Installing a network printer:
1. Click on the Start button
2. Click on Run
3. Type this: \ps and click OK
(the ps stands for print server)
4. Scroll down to the printer names that begin with “e” for East or “g” for GWC
5. Double click the printer you wish to install
6. When the small empty print window opens, you’re connected. Just click the red x in both open windows to close them.
7. Now your printer should be available to use from any program.
Just be aware that this is user specific. If you log as yourself on a computer that you have never used before, you will need to install a printer before you can print.
Thanks, Pam, for these simple directions!