The auto fill feature for email addresses is no longer attached to the public folder contacts list, so it isn’t filling in Salem school employee address automatically. Here’s what you need to do to fix it.
- Log into Kerio Webmail.
- Click the Settings button.
- Click Settings from the drop down list.
- Click the Mail Composing tab.
- Click the Choose Folders tab beside “Search for contacts in selected folders.”
- Scroll all the way to the button of the list that pops up. Look for the folder that says “Public folders.”
- If you see a + beside Public folders, click on the + to open this folder.
- Underneath Public folders, you’ll see a Contacts folder.
- Click the check box beside Contacts to check it.
- Click OK and OK again.
Did you know that there is a calendar for your school right in your email account? Here’s how to find it:
- Log into Kerio webmail
- In the folders pane to the left, scroll down until you see Public Folders
- If there is a + beside the folder, click on it. It will change to a – and open the folder.
- You should be able to see different calendars. There should be one for your school and one for the division.
I try and keep it up-to-date as soon as the princpals send out the Monday News. If you know of something that needs to be added, please let me know, and I will be glad to do it!
You should periodically change both your network and email passwords. Remember that good, strong passwords contain numbers, uppercase and lowercase letters, and characters.
Click here to read a great article on how to create a strong password!
To change your network password:
(1) log in as usual
(2) press Ctrl+Alt+Delete
(3) click Change Password in the Windows Security dialog box
(4) type the information needed in the boxes for your Old password, New password, and Confirm password
(5) click OK
To change your email password:
(1) open a web browser
(2) go to https://mail.salem.k12.va.us (make sure you type the “s” in “https”)
(3) log into webmail as usual
(4) click on the drop-down arrow beside Settings and select Change password
(5) type the information needed in the dialog box–Old password, New password, and Confirm password
(6) click OK